teddy bear

I have known for a while
as I watched the hem of your pantleg
scaling your ankle
that my fabric would fade-
emerald in autumn.

the air stuffing my fibers, sucked away
by the lungs of all your lovers.
and my button eyes lost
their shine, as you outgrew me
faster than a soggy wool sweater.

and your primal moans blew me
like you blew him, off the bed
into lost-sock world, dust bunny
graveyard. besmirched by bedskirt,
finished by philanderers.

I will try to find the curve of your
elbow between the books of
the shelf you buried me in-
repress your dessicated snot that
I stored from your lamentations.

so you move along. will me
to Goodwill, with all of your
nights of opened eyes. find
someone with arms that hug and
a mouth that kisses back.

remember, though you boxed
me up, you cannot contain bad
memories within corrugated walls.
she will depart like stars in the morning
and I would have never stopped loving you.

0 comments: